Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs and Aqueducts Park Rome Bike Tour

8.0/10  1 review(s)

  Tour Operator  TopBike Rental & Tours

  Italy

 5 hours 

  27 km

UPDATED

 Easy/Moderate

Guided

  

By quality Electric-assist mountain bike

Pedal on the Ancient Appian Way, a 2300-year-old cobblestone Roman road while going past ancient Roman ruins, statues, an imperial palace, Christian catacombs and pagan mausoleums. Then leave the "Regina Viarum" to cycle towards the Roman aqueducts rising over the fields on the horizon and follow them on their way back to the center of Rome.

Leave the bustling city center of Rome behind and enjoy a bike ride through the Roman countryside, which inspired 19th-century travellers such as Byron, Goethe and Stendhal. On this extraordinary bicycle tour of absolute beauty we take you on a journey through a unique landscape where nature, farmlands and ancient history meet. This tour goes 60% off road, along dirt tracks and small paths

Please note that approximately 40% of the route of this tour takes place in the city. We ride carefully chosen city streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Ancient Appian Way Park to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks) we encounter no traffic.

Highlights

  • Aurelian Walls
  • Catacombs of St. Callixtus (or Saint Sebastian)
  • Ancient Appian Way park
  • Circus of Maxentius
  • Mausoleum of Caecilia Metella
  • Villa dei Quintili*
  • Park of the Aqueducts
  • Caffarella Park
  • Baths of Caracalla

We offer two versions of our Appian Way Bike Tour: a 6-hour version and a 4,5-hour version. The two itineraries are almost identical, and so is the distance traveled, which is a total of approximately 27km (17 miles). The longer tour also includes a guided visit to the catacombs of San Callisto (San Sebastian on Wednesdays).

Tour Information

From

Rome

To

Rome

Cost From

 69  Guided

Departure(s)

Daily

Inclusions

  • Electric-assist mountain bike
  • Helmet
  • English speaking guide
  • Handlebar bag
  • Bottle of water

Options

€ 89,00 Plus tour including:

  • Guided visit of the catacombs
  • Baths of Caracalla

 Reviews

All reviews

8.0/10  

1 review(s)

Order By:

Date (Most Recent)

8/10

Kevin D(Australia)

Tour Date:  October 2022

excellent half day appian way tour - highly organized from the moment you arrive at office near colosseum - everything is clearly explained and bikes arranged. fun info stops along the way, seeing different parts of rome. electric bikes are excellent for the terrain and the ride distance. youp was a fun, friendly, informative guide.

Write a Review

Sign in to leave a review. Not a member and want to enjoy our great benefits? Join here!

Share this page

Contact TopBike Rental & Tours

Subscribe to newsletter

While great care has been taken to show full and correct tour details, unfortunately transcription errors do occur and, although we continually seek to eliminate these, we apologise for any mistakes. Plans or bookings should not be made exclusively based on information shown on this website but must be confirmed with the tour operator.