6 days (Bike: 4 days)
225 km (~56km per day)
For those seeking a refreshing cycle through verdant countryside, surrounded by vast vineyards and orchards and the enticing aromas of rustic Italian cuisine, the Piedmont is an area we couldn’t recommend any higher.
From the region’s capital of Torino, you’ll cycle (and devour) your way along the river Po, over lush green foothills, through beautiful medieval towns including Pinerolo and Saluzzo, and towards the gastronomic gems of Bra and Alba. And even if the leisurely rides and rich history don’t get your heart racing, the region’s traditional sweets certainly will: chocolate, pannetone, Nutella…you’ll have to pedal twice as hard to burn off those extra calories! Equally as decadent are the savouries: braised beef, veal agnolotti, and the famous white truffle of Alba. All of these pair beautifully, of course, with a bottle of the local wine.
Luckily, we’ve planned this trip accordingly—you’ll cap off your tour with a luxurious cycle through the Piedmontese wine country. Believe us when we say that staying upright in the saddle might present a challenge after a few glasses of Barolo and Barbaresco!
€ 655 Self-Guided
Saturdays from March 25th through September 23rd , 2023
from 220 €
2110 m (~528m per day)
Daily departures, any day, for group of 4 or more
- 5 nights' accommodation in 3- and 4-star properties
- Daily breakfast
- Meeting with our local representative
- Luggage transfers
- Marked maps and/or cue sheets and route notes
- Tourist information
- Assistance if necessary (you will be provided with our local rep’s mobile number)
- All tax and service charges
- Nominal city taxes, to be paid in cash directly at each hotel (total of approx. 10 euros).
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Surcharge of 50 euros, for daily departures for groups of less than 4
- Bicycle rentals
- Accommodation upgrade to 3 and 4-star hotels
- Bicycle rentals (these prices include the drop-off fee for the bike's return to Torino)
- Hybrid bikes are available at the rate of 110 euros per bike
- E-bikes are available at the rate of 205 euros per bike