Family Connemara Adventure
Tour Operator CycleWest Ireland
6 days (Bike: 4 days)
130 km (~33km per day)
Connemara~Killary Fjord~Clew Bay~Westport
Our Connemara Family Bike tour in Ireland’s wild and glorious Connemara. See Ireland through your child’s eyes and explore unspoiled countryside at your own pace.
Connemara is one of Ireland’s best kept secrets. It is an area of heartbreaking barrenness and unique beauty, with dark bogs and tall jagged mountains punctuated by curving glassy lakes dotted with green islands. Unique to this area is the signature scent of strong, smoky burning turf (peat).
Located in the peaceful and pristine West Coast, Connemara is a haven for activities and the great outdoors. Biking here becomes a terrific adventure, especially as you realise you share the roads with local sheep instead of cars! With our intimate knowledge of small backroads, we prepare daily rides with you in mind. Steeped in history, we regale tales of pirates, princes and wild horses as you bike this wonderful coastline.
Optional activities include golfing, horse-back riding (Connemara Ponies), surfing, hill walking, fly fishing, sea weed baths or a fjord cruise.
- Aughanure Castle ~ a medieval castle experience
- Roundstone Musical Centre
- The Sky Road
- Connemara National Park
- Kylemore Abbey and Gardens
- Killary Fjord~ Ireland’s only fjord
- Croagh Patrick Pilgrimage Mountain
€ 1195 Guided
- 5 nights Accommodations Charming Inns
- Breakfasts on tour days
- 4 evening dinners
- Experienced tour guides
- Support vehicle and luggage transfer
- Courtesy fruit & snacks
- Guided tours of select locations
- Daily briefing on tour routes,
- Points of interest and safety issues
- 24 Speed hybrid bikes
- Childrens Bikes, Trailer bikes, child seats available for family tours
- Detailed maps and tour directions
- Transer from Galway City tour start point.
- Items of a personal nature including Alcoholic Beverages, Laundry, Personal Telephone calls.
- Daily Lunch
- Guide Gratuities
- Luxury country houses and castle hotel Euro 2195.00 per person sharing
There are currently no reviews for this tour.
Write a Review
Sign in to leave a review. Not a member and want to enjoy our great benefits? Join here!