Bordeaux to Arcachon between vineyards and pines’ forest
5 days (Bike: 4 days)
161 km (~40km per day)
Urban heritage, vines, pines, dunes and beaches
Follow the bike paths as leaving Bordeaux, stroll about accross the vineyards, ride under the shading pines’ forest!
This itinerary by bike leads you from Bordeaux ‘La Belle endormie’ to the Arcachon bay. You will be enthralled by the variety of landscapes that offers the tour: Between urban heritage, vines, pines, dunes and beaches.
- Bordeaux, World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- Margaux and the Bordelais greatest vineyards
- Arcachon Bay, the Dune du Pilat, the seaside softness
- The quietness of the cycle paths under the shading pine forest
[Read my first-hand account of this tour at Aquitaine in a Nutshell - Bruce]
€ 660 Self-Guided
from 290 €
Minimum 4 riders $50 discount pp
- 4 nights with breakfasts (accommodation in a two-person bedroom)
- Luggage transport during the bike stages (1 luggage 20kg per person)
- Equipped cycle rental for 4 days with helmet
- Boat transfer from Cap Ferret to Arcachon (bike included)
- 1 travel folder (per room) including colour maps, detailed route directions in French or English and tourist brochures
- City taxes
- Hotline 7 days a week
- Dinners / Lunches / Drinks
- Tickets to attractions, tours of attractions, tasting
- Optional insurances (Cancellation Insurance OR Tranquility Insurance)
- Transfer from Arcachon to Bordeaux and personal bike repatriation
- Season supplement
- 'Solo' supplement (in the case of a single person per booking) + 100 € / pers.
- Bike discount If you bring your own bike. -70 € / pers.
- E-bike supplement + 80 € / pers.
- Half board supplement (including 4 dinners – excluding drinks) from 160 €
- Additional nights
- 4 day tour from 530 €
Children discount :
- from 0 to 2 years old : free
- from 3 to 11 years old : - 50%
- from 12 to 17 years old : - 20%
(Only if the triple or quadruple rooms are occupied by 2 adults minimum )