7 days (Bike: 4 days)
194 km (~49km per day)
Follow the paths of the Caliphs on this stunning bike tour from Cordoba to Granada
This bicycle tour takes you through some of Andalusia’s most stunning regions, following the route favored by the Arab Caliphates during the 11th and 12th centuries.
Given its location at the western end of the Mediterranean, it’s not surprising that so many cultures – Moorish, Visigothic, Roman and Greek – have crossed paths in the southernmost part of Spain. This bike tour in Andalusia follows the paths of the Caliphs – the chief civil and religious ruler of the Muslim faith, regarded as the successors of Muhammad – and of Washington Irving, most famous as the creator of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”, but who stayed in the Alhambra Palace while serving as the American ambassador to Spain in the 1840s.
Our bicycling routes include an old rail track perfectly adapted for pedaling on smaller country roads and paths. We stay in outstanding accommodation: four-star hotels in the bigger cities and smaller hotels with their own special charm in a few picturesque Andalusian villages. You will encounter olive groves, wineries, flamenco, Arab baths, white towns decked out with heaps of geraniums, castles and so much more!
This is a perfect cycling route to experience traditional Andalusian cuisine with excellent wines. We use our Bike Spain minibus for half of the journey to arrive at the starting points of each one of our stages. We’ll ride the most interesting parts of our journey and each day’s stages may be lengthened or shortened depending on the group’s cycling abilities.
- The Alhambra Palace – the jewel in the crown of Moorish architecture
- The sweeping views of Córdoba province from the battlements of the Moorish castles in Luque and Zuhero
- Andalusian gazpacho: the original power drink!
- Discovering the narrow whitewashed streets of some of the prettiest towns of Córdoba and Granada
- Magic nights of flamenco music and sangria
Guided € 3540
March 12 & 26, April 9 & 23, May 7 & 21, June 4 &18, July 2, August 27, September 10 &24, October 8 & 22, 2023
- Accommodation: we always offer you the best hotels on the spot – charming, authentic and surprising - the most central places in the cities and the most spectacular places in the countryside.
- Meals: all breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners including wine and 1 dinner featuring tapas.
- Flamenco show in Granada.
- Winery and olive oil tasting.
- Entrance tickets to Cordoba Mosque.
- Bikes: state of the art Specialized touring bike and all the accessories you might need
- Bilingual guide(s) to ensure that you always enjoy superior customer service.
- Support vehicle that helps you with a flat tyre, offers you refreshments and snacks when you need them, takes you along on the uphill of end-of-the-day parts and transports your luggage from one place to the other.
- Detailed information document with regional maps, a day-to-day itinerary plus hotel list and all you’d like know about Spain and the region you go to.
- Transportation from rendezvous to final drop-off, from our quaint region to our centrally located meeting place, both for you and your luggage.
- Travel insurance with medical assistance.
- Gratuities for baggage, restaurants and hotel service.
- Bike Spain Tours handle bar bag, water bottle, luggage tags and a custom bike jersey, long zip.
- Bike Center travel coordinator that is available to assist you with all of your pre- & post-trip travel plans and arrangements (hotels, restaurants, transport and more…).
- Extra nights: Ask for price.
- Arab baths and massages - please let us know if you want us to book in advance
- Guided visit to the Palace and gardens of the Alhambra
- Bike upgrade
- Road Carbon Specialized TARMAC: +130.00€
- E-Bike Specialized VADO: +330.00€