Hunter Valley Deluxe Cycle Explorer
Tour Operator Australian Cycle Tours
4 days (Bike: 2 days)
60 km (~30km per day)
Australian Cycle Tours
Stay in deluxe accommodation while exploring the Hunter Valley by bike
The Hunter Valley is where wine-making started in Australia and remains one of the most important wine producing areas in the country. It is also a fantastic area to explore at handle bar level. In 1832, armed with 20,000 cuttings from Spain and France, James Busby established the first vineyards in Australia. Now, the region is famous for its Semillon and Shiraz. It’s also home to some great Chardonnays, Cabernet Sauvigon and Verdelhos. On this self guided cycle we’ll take you on a journey around the Hunter Valley to experience some of the best it has to offer. It’s not just the wine on show – artisan olive producers, chocolatiers, chefs and bakers showcase the best of the region at the many farms, cafes and restaurants. Staying in the heart of the valley at Pokolbin, the primary wine-growing area within the Hunter Valley, everything is waiting to be discovered. The beauty of the cycle is that you are free to set your own pace, with time to enjoy a long lunch, sample local delicacies or stop for wine tastings en route. With two days spent cycling in the Valley you can really gain an appreciation for the exceptional wine and produce of the region. Staying in our deluxe accommodation allows you to relax at the end of each day, delighting in the surrounding vineyard views.
- Enjoy the independence of self-guided cycling with all logistics taken care of for you
- Delight in the local wines and food of the Hunter Valley region
- Cycle through the countryside, passing vineyards and farms en route
- Deluxe accommodation to relax in at the end of the days exploring
- Stay in the heart of the valley at Pokolbin
- Travel at your own pace visiting the sites you want to focus on
- Cycle past world heritage wilderness and classic Australian countryside
AU$ 990 Self-Guided
Daily - supplements apply if you start your trip on Wednesday to Saturday
Customised Tour for groups or families
- 3 nights accommodation in our deluxe accommodation on a twin share basis with private facilities
- 3 breakfasts
- Mountain bike hire including helmet (electric bikes available for a supplement - must be prebooked)
- Route information available to download through our app
- Travel to/from Pokolbin
- Accommodation before or after the trip
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic beverages, etc
- Travel insurance
- Meals (except breakfast)
- Phone handlebar mount
- holiday supplement applies if you are travelling over a public holiday or during NSW school holiday periods.
- Discount to remove bike hire AUD$-50
- Electric Bike Supplement (limited availability, must be prebooked) AUD$150
There are currently no reviews for this tour.
Write a Review
Sign in to leave a review. Not a member and want to enjoy our great benefits? Join here!