8 days (Bike: 6 days)
750 km (~125km per day)
For Avid cyclists
Big climbs, On-road
From Chaves to Faro in 6 Days on the Epic N2
On our Portugal End to End tour you will cycle the length of this wonderful country from North to South mainly on the popular N2 route. The N2 in Portugal is known as Europe's Route 66. The tour starts in Chaves - located in Northern Portugal, next to the shores of Tâmega river and only a few kilometres away from Spain, Chaves is a city that has both a natural beauty and an incomparable historical and cultural legacy.
Accommodation is in good quality hotels that we have personally selected and visited. You will enjoy a fantastic breakfast each morning to fuel you for the day. Your luggage will be transferred each day. Our support van will be there in a jiffy if you need any assistance during the day. Water and bars and snacks are available without limit each day!
There is a lot of choice when it comes to stopping off for lunch in local cafés and restaurants. Lunch and evening meals are not included in the price. On occasions you may choose to have an evening meal together with the group, or you are free to stroll around and explore the local cuisine which Portugal is known for!
Guided £ 1365
May 4 & 14, September 24, October 19, 2024
- Accommodation and breakfast in great hotels
- Luggage transfer
- Advice on places to stop for your morning coffee
- Water, Soft drinks, fruit, cakes and bars en route
- Van and mechanical support
- GPX route files
- Lunches - there are many cafés, bars and restaurants along the way
- Evening meals - Our stopovers all have reasonably priced restaurants and pubs nearby and most of the hotels have good dining. Breakfast IS included
- Optional trips / entry fees for any excursions you arrange independently
- Insurance - you need to organise your own bike and travel insurance as required
- Gels, high energy bars, energy powder and shakes - bring your own as per what works best for you and your tummy!
- Flights to Porto / from Faro
- Airport transfer from Porto Airport at the start can be provided for an additional fee (£70)
- Airport transfer from Quarteira to Faro Airport at the end can be provided for an additional fee (£50)
- Bike box or bag removal at start, secure storage and delivery to finish can be provided for an additional fee of £70