6 days (Bike: 5 days)
195 km (~39km per day)
Mixed on/off-road, Cycle paths/trails, Quiet roads
Enjoy the diverse characteristics of the trail and its surrounding area
Enjoy exceptional tours over 3, 4, 5 or 6 days - We have itineraries to suit all abilities, especially a range of abilities within a group. We can even put together itineraries for groups made up of non-cyclists as well as cyclists. Check out our website to see what the 'Wheelie Difference' is on all our tours.
We arrange the logistics using our up to date local knowledge.
Two of the most popular cycle days are mapua to kaiteriteri and The Upper Moutere area. Great Taste Trail- Kaiteriteri to Mapua to Kaiteriteri. This is one of the favourite sections of the trail for both locals and tourists. The many cafes and changing scenery along this 43 km section, provide a memorable day along the trail. The vibrant village of Mapua offers lots of options for sampling the flavours of the region, with cafes, restaurants, a brewery and wine bar in the village and the wharf area.
Exploring amazing locations close to the trail, means this area is a 'must do' if you want to find some hidden gems. Cycle to the Moutere region, enjoying quiet country back roads, vineyards, orchards, hop gardens as well as stops at studios and galleries as well as outstanding Nelson wineries and New Zealand’s oldest pub with a large selection of local craft beers.
We appreciate that your chosen itinerary is yours to enjoy in a way that best suits you, therefore we do not amalgamate groups. We work with the dates that suit you.
Self-Guided NZ$ 1825
Discounts available for larger groups (more than 6 people)
- Five night’s accommodation in 4 and 4+ star boutique B&Bs ( some locations have limited choice).
- Where restaurants are not nearby the accommodation, dinner will be included
- Five days trail bike, helmet, pannier bag, puncture repair kit
- Luggage transfers
- Route maps and notes to help you discover hidden gems and other places of interest
- One way ferry ticket to Rabbit Island
- Discount vouchers for local restaurants and cafés
- A dedicated tour manager and support service throughout the duration of your tour
- Airport pick up and drop off if you want your tour to start or finish at the airport
- Upgrade to E-bikes
- A day or more in the Abel Tasman National Park
- Cruise, walk and/or kayaking combinations
- Extra cycling days
- Guided day ride with one of our experienced guides
- Heli- tours with our without cycling
- E-maps, load your personalised tour onto your phone or tablet