10 days (Bike: 6 days)
640 km (~107km per day)
This tour is fully booked. Please click 'Book Direct' if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
Our Journey to the East begins in Korea's bustling metropolis of Seoul; home to ancient palaces, temples, bustling markets and amazing restaurants Departing Seoul we’ll cycle past the ancient city walls as we begin our ride southwards. For the first days we will cycle along the 4 Rivers Bicycle Trail. A network of paths created just for bikes, and a gentle way to get you accustomed to our nomadic cycling lifestyle.
We’ll have a stop in Andong, famous for the nearby UNESCO site, Hahoe Folk village. There you can explore the traditional Joseon Dynasty architecture, the sandy banks of the Nakdong River and the nearby Buyongdae Cliff.
From Andong we’ll cycle towards the old empirical capital of the Silla Dynasty, Gyeongju, known as the “museum without walls”. It is one of the most popular destinations in Korea, with multiple areas within the city being UNESCO sites, including the Bulguksa Temple, one of the masterpieces of Buddhist design.
Our final ride in Korea will be to Busan, Korea’s 2nd largest city. Experience long urban beaches, mountains cutting through the city, dense urban streets, and one of the best fish markets in Asia.
- 4 Rivers bike path
- Hahoe Folk Village
- The "Museum Without Walls"
Guided US$ 4700
May 7, 2024
May 7, 2025
May 7, 2026
- 9 Nights in hotels
- Most dinners
- Most breakfasts
- All roadside lunches
- Vehicle to carry your bags
- Experienced tour leader
- Sweep rider
- Bike mechanic
- Tour jersey
- Commemorative tour medal
- Celebratory final dinner
- Pre-tour information bulletins
- Ferry tickets
- A registration fee of US$150 must first be paid to hold your place on the tour and is in addition to the entry fee
- Ride the full Journey to the East or one or more stages
- For this section, we recommend a touring bike with 35-40c tires.
- Those coming for multiple sections get 10% off for 2 or more sections on the same tour (multiple section discount does not apply to full tour price).
- TDA alumni get special alumni discounts.