11 days (Bike: 7 days)
375 km (~54km per day)
Mixed on/off-road, Cycle paths/trails, Mostly flat
Cambodia is an amazing country to cycle across
From the chaos of the Phnom Penh to the calm of the countryside, Cambodia is easy to fall in love with. The days are long, the country is hot and the people are super friendly. From the constant and random “HELLO!!” from the children on the side of the road, to the Community Development programs set up by the truly selfless and unsung heroes of this world.
Travelling Cambodia by bike is an incredible adventure! We cycle from Siem Reap and finish in Kampot (eleven days). The pace of all our tours is relaxed and casual. There’s always time to stop for a photo and we rarely cycle more than 2 days in a row. When the journey is just as good as the destination, there’s no need to rush!
Social Cycles will take you on a journey to interact and connect with local grassroot Non Government Organisations (NGOs) and the beneficiaries of a funded project of your choosing. Research what really happens on the ground and out in the villages with Social Cycles in a holiday that carefully balances ethical research and local impact with cycling and sightseeing.
Kampot / Phnom Penh
Guided AU$ 2590
Self-Guided Please Ask
August 17, September 14, October 12, November 16, December 21, 2023
January 11 & 25, February 15, March 14, May 16, June 13, July 18, August 15, September 12, October 17, November 14, December 21, 2024
- All accommodation in comfortable hotels (twin share basis)
- Full Bicycle hire
- Local guides, support van driver and mechanic
- Full support vehicle for the ride with water and fruit
- Minimum three NGO presentations with local staff across Cambodia
- Multiple field trips to villages and communities
- Entry to Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh
- Pepper farm tour in Kampot
- Cooking Class (Kampot only)
- Most dinners & breakfast as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers for arrival
- International flights
- US$150 donation to NGOs (optional)
- Tips and Gratuities (from US$0 to US$100 pp)
- Drinks with meals
- Departure airport transfer (US$8-US$10)
- Travel insurance
- Visa’s (if required)
- Other items of a personal nature
- Self-guided package available - please ask
- Confirm your place with a AU$100 deposit.
- If this is your second, third or even fourth Social Cycles adventure, then we’d like to welcome you back with a special SC Ambassadors rate.