366 km (~61km per day)
Be part of the pack and join us for a wonderful adventure through the Douro Valley whilst also helping make a difference to wolf conservation
The mountainous region of northern Portugal is one of the last territories of the Iberian Wolf.
The Wolf Conservation Ride will be a journey of discovery. Starting out in the wolf region, you will move through the rugged landscape of the North and pass by unique 12th century historical villages.
Your journey will finish in the Unesco Douro Valley with its terraced vineyards and world class wines.
As a keystone species, wolves play a critical role in maintaining the structure of ecological communities. They cause a direct and indirect ripple effect on an ecosystem.
Wolves alter the population, distribution, and behaviour of their prey, which impacts the other creatures living there—both plants and animals—and ultimately transforms the landscape itself.
Minimum sponsorship target is €1200 - proceeds split between the two charities – Wolf Conservation Center (WCC) & ATNatureza Portugal (ATN)
Guided € 1999
- Participation on the tour with the logistics and support
- Scientific support by the University of Aveiro’s Wolf Team
- One “official travel bag” branded “Wolf Ride”
- Transportation of the bike travel bag of each participant from the start to the finish of the final stage. But not intermediate venues
- Personal accidents insurance
- Support vehicles during the 4 stages
- Mechanical support along the course on each stage (costs with replacement parts are not included)
- Snacks, fruits and liquids along the routes
- Daily Briefing the day before
- Mechanical support after each stage (costs with replacement parts are not included)
- Official event road books of each stage (digital version)
- GPS tracks of each stage
- Photo and Video report by specialized team
- Wolf Ride jersey shirt
- Personalized diploma of the event (digital version)
- Accommodation with breakfast (5 nights), sharing a double room in 4*
- 5 dinners
- Farewell party with grape stomping activity at Quinta da Pacheca
- Massage after each route (4 sessions of 20 min each)
- Transportation of the official travel bag
- Bus Transfer for client and bicycle from Porto to Bragan√ßa and from R√©gua to Porto
- transport to and from Portugal
-bBicycle Rental - Carbon fiber Trek Emonda or Domane 2016 - Price: 240,00 €