Since 2008, OUT Adventures has planned slick and sublime escapes for the gay community. From day one, the Co-Founders – Robert Sharp and Steven Larkin – also made it a mandate to enrich the lives and livelihoods of the communities they visit.
Chile: Hiking, Biking, Wining & Dining
Tour Operator Out Adventures
A South American adventure with stops in Santiago, Colchagua and the Atacama.
Can’t decide whether to partake in a hardcore bike holiday or an elegant wine country affair? Our big gay Chilean adventure offers both, for an unforgettable taste of South America’s wild west. We kick off with a visit to vibrant Valparaiso, a couple days in wine country, then visit Atacama Desert—the driest place on Earth—with great bike rides and a trek thrown in. We’ll also get a taste of Santiago, the country’s sensational capital and the beating heart of Chile.
Sample local pisco with a master distiller
Taste some of Chile’s finest vintages in Colchagua and Maipo Valleys
Cycle the country’s acclaimed wine regions
Trek unforgettable landscapes in the Atacama Desert
Photograph vibrant Valparaiso, Chile’s famous coastal town
Stargaze from the driest place on Earth
Float in Chile’s salt-dense lagoons
Discover Santiago and Chile’s growing LGBT scene
Soak in Puritama natural hot springs
Argentina: Buenos Aires to Mendoza
10 days (Bike: 3 days)
LGBT | NEW
Tour Operator Out Adventures
Tuck into Argentina’s beef and wine on this all-gay cultural tour
This bodacious gay Argentina tour will introduce you to everything the country is famous for at an easy-going pace. Beginning in the country’s aristocratic capital Buenos Aires, we’ll learn about the real Eva Perón on a private city tour before an arousing tango lesson with a gay instructor. We’ll chew on the country’s famously beefy cuisine during included dinners, a market tour and even during a sizzling cooking class. Then it’s off to Salta and its surrounding region to witness Argentina’s natural beauty. Specifically we’ll see the brilliant rainbow hills of Purmamarca, photograph the striking salt lakes in Puna de Jujuy, and board the scenic Train to the Clouds. To wrap up our adventure, we’ll uncork the country’s oenophilic side in juicy Mendoza while pedalling through its renowned vineyards. Expect stylish hotels, top-notch meals, classically handsome men and at least one off-the-cuff performance of ‘Don’t Cry for Me’—this is a gay tour after all.
- Appreciate Argentina’s signature Malbecs and lesser-known varietals during a vineyard biking tour
- Learn the basics of Argentina’s sensual tango from a local gay instructor
- Savour the country’s best cuts of meat during included meals at some of the country’s best restaurants
- Ride the Train to the Clouds and see one of the most important engineering feats of the past century
- Enjoy both a market tour and cooking class with a local chef in Buenos Aires, one of South America’s foodie capitals
- Learn about Argentina’s turbulent yet colourful history during private city tours of Buenos Aires, Salta and Mendoza
- Photograph Argentina’s beautiful countryside while driving around Quebrada de Humahuaca, a narrow mountain valley