8 days (Bike: 5 days)
305 km (~61km per day)
Some hills, Quiet roads
A cycle that takes in the unique beauty of Gougane Barra before heading down to the sea at Bantry Bay. A wonderful tour that hugs the coastline all along West Cork.
A wonderful tour that hugs the coastline all along West Cork.Our starting point is Cork City on the banks for the river Lee. It is the river that provides our inspiration as we begin our journey following backroads along its course to the wonderful glacial lake and hermitage retreat of Gougane Barra.
The fresh salty air of the Atlantic Ocean is our next inspiration as we sweep down towards Bantry Bay and take in the wonderfully remote and unspoilt charms of the Sheep's Head Peninsula. We hug the coastline for the rest of the week takin in the charming villages of Baltimore, Union Hall and Glandore, with the nearby Neolithic stone circle of Drombeg.
The towns of Clonakilty and Kinsale await where the brightly coloured villages compete with each other for your attention, all this connected by sweet scented fushia-lined backroads. The set departure date tours finish up in Kinsale, whereas the self guided tour heads back to Cork city for the last night.
Guided € 930
Self-Guided € 930
Guided June 24, August 19, 2023
Self-guided any day from April 16 to October 1, 2023
- 7 nights bed & breakfast accommodation( mix of small hotels and guesthouses )
- 1 evening meal (in Gougane Barra)
- Guide in a support van (on group tour only)
- Luggage transfer
- Route details and maps
- 24 hour service hotline
- GPS tracks available (on request)
- Bike rental
- € 30.00 per person high season supplement July & August
- €450.00 solo tour supplement (if travelling alone on a self guided tour)
- €100.00 24 speed touring bike
- €250.00 E-bike