Tour Operator Global Biking Initiative
6 weeks (Bike: 5 weeks)
590 km (~118km per day)
Global Biking Initiative on Facebook
We cycle for charity
On this tour we will discover the fantastic Ligurian coast and other regions in the heart of Italy. In addition to incredible landscapes and the omnipresent Mediterranean Sea, we will make detours to the Ligurian mountains and cross the mountains of the Apennin, we will enjoy the delicacies of the regional Italian cuisine and just have a great time.
The GBI Liguria tour focusses at all cyclists who, in addition to the sporting challenge, also love the beauty of the landscape and the community of a the group of like minded people. We start in Milan and cycle to Genoa where we meet and follow the Ligurian coast. The route continues through northern Tuscany and climbs the Apennines to finally end up in Bologna in the heart of Italy.
- Experience Milan and its attractions
- Pedal on coastal roads along the Ligurian coast
- Jump into the Mediterranean Sea to cool off
- Enjoy Italian way of life
- Cycle with us through beautiful northern Tuscany
- Cross the mountains of the Appenin
Although this tour follows the coast for quite long distances, there are various challenging climbs and descents to overcome, when detouring into the hilly back country. And finally the Appennin is a huge mountain range to conquer. If possible, the routes follow minor roads or paved bike paths. But it may happen even for some longer distances, that we have to cycle along busy main roads.
All types of bikes are welcome, regardless of whether you are on a racing bike, trekking bike, mountain bike or even a pedelec. Depending on the number of participants, we have several teams (at least 2) with different speeds and distances.
2 tracks available
- Track 1: 559km 6390m climbing
- Track 2: 590km 8370m climbing
The Global Biking Initiative wants to show you the most interesting places in Europe the sportive way. We are proud of our international participants, that makes it easy for everybody to make new friends from other countries. Our main goal is the continuous support of charity projects worldwide. We achieve this by engaging the participants to raise funds, that support charity projects in their home countries.
€ 899 Guided
September 28, 2023
8370 m (~1674m per day)
- 5 x hotel accommodation (28.9.-3.10.2023) in single or double bedrooms with breakfast and private bathrooms. Some hotels even have a pool. In some locations not all double bedrooms are equipped with twinbeds.
- 5 x dinner (halfboard or in a separate restaurant)
- Quick and easy event registration
- Detailed and up-to-date event information on the website
- GPX tracks of all days and tracks for download
- GBI mobile app with useful tour information
- Route information and daily news
- Invitation letter for visa application (on request)
- Different cycling teams to suit different abilities and aspiration levels (number of teams depending on number of participants, min. 2 teams)
- Teamleaders equipped with GPS routing devices
- Service car along the route for pick-up service and with bike repair box
- Daily luggage transport to each stage venue
- Nutrition points with drinks and energy bars each day
- GBI drink bottle
- Online photo service
- Participation certificate
- Convenient pre-check-in service
- Support of charity organisations in your home country
- A lot of fun, unforgettable moments, great international and cross-cultural companionship, challenging moments and radiant eyes
- entrance fees,
- public transportation (bus, train, ferry),
- transfer to individually booked hotels,
- lunch, drinks at dinner,
- accident and health insurance, etc.
- Cannondale road bike for rent 129 €
- Bike transportation service from Duesseldorf to the start location and back after the end of the tour 50 €
- Accommodation in a hotel in Milan the night prior to the tour start (27.9.2023)
As the GBI is a charity ride, you have to register for a GBI country (typically your home country) and raise funds in addition to the participation fee for the local supported charity in this country. The minimum donation for this event is 50 €. Each participant is kindly requested to raise more than the minimum donations to support our charity projects.
There are currently no reviews for this tour.
Write a Review
Sign in to leave a review. Not a member and want to enjoy our great benefits? Join here!