3 days (Bike: 3 days)
60 mi (~20mi per day)
This one centre cycling holiday makes an ideal longer weekend break and can be extended with a visit to the market town of Shrewsbury.
The one centre Borders Break cycling holiday explores the canals, rivers, meres and mosses of North Shropshire. Stay in a comfortable farmhouse on the edge of the small pretty market town of Ellesmere, on the Llangollen canal, or the Shropshire market town of Wem in a country house hotel.
North Shropshire is undiscovered, so not busy with tourists or cars! Cycle the peaceful lanes to Colemere Country Park, Whittington Castle and many of the small lakes in the area including Colemere and Hanmer Mere. Explore the small town of Ellesmere pleasantly situated with the Shropshire Union canal on one side and the Mere (a small lake) on the other side.
- Pretty lakes and Colemere Country Park
- Whittington Castle and tea shop
- Hawkestone Park and Follies
- Pretty market town of Ellesmere
Cycling distances – 20 – 25 miles or 10 – 15 miles a day, or selection of rides of different distances. We also have some strenuous options.
£ 240 Self-Guided
Start on any day of the week
£10- £25 per night
Group Discounts – 10% for groups of 4 or more adults
- Overnight B & B accommodation
- Detailed routes, maps, background information
- Quality bikes (discount available of you prefer to bring your own)
- Helmets and tool kit, puncture resistant tyres
- Luggage transfer & full support and back-up should you need help
- Car parking or transfer to and from nearest station
- Child Discounts – (Children sharing with 2 adults)
- Discount for using own bikes – £10 per day
- 4 day tour £265-£350
- Upgrade accommodation to Country House Hotel
We will also tailor cycling holidays and cycle tours if you do not find exactly what you are looking for.