The 'Canal des 2 Mers': from Bordeaux to Sète
Tour Operator Biking France
12 days (Bike: 10 days)
551 km (~55km per day)
The ‘Canal des 2 Mers’ links up the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea
This bike itinerary leads you along the Canal de Garonne from Bordeaux to Toulouse. Then, you will join the Canal du Midi, UNESCO World Heritage, to the Mediterranean Sea. You will follow this ancient canal towpath, converted as a promenade and discovery space, to share with walkers and boaters.
- From the Garonne River to the Mediterranean Sea in the same cycling tour
- Unforgettable landscapes and sites
- The marked-out itineraries along the ‘Canal des 2 mers’
€ 1830 Self-Guided
from 570 €
- 11 nights with breakfasts (accommodation in a two-person bedroom)
- 2 dinners (drinks not included)
- Luggage transport during the bike stages (1 luggage 25kg per person)
- Equipped cycle rental for 10 days with helmet
- 1 travel folder (per room) including colour maps, detailed route directions in French or English and tourist brochures
- City taxes
- Hotline 7 days a week
- 9 dinners / Lunches / Drinks
- Tickets to attractions, tours of attractions, tasting
- Optional insurances (Cancellation Insurance OR Tranquility Insurance)
- Transfer from Sète to Bordeaux and personal bike repatriation
- High season supplement
- Bike discount If you bring your own bike. -150 € / pers.
- E-bike supplement + 150 € / pers.
- Private return transfer from Sète to Bordeaux – on request.
- Half board supplement (including 9 dinners – excluding drinks) from 350 €
- Accommodation upgrade
- Additional nights
Children discount :
- from 0 to 2 years old : free
- from 3 to 11 years old : - 50%
- from 12 to 17 years old : - 20%
(Only if the triple or quadruple rooms are occupied by 2 adults minimum )
David N. (Australia)
A great 4 days easy paced, scenic cycling tour through vineyards, small villages, forests, along beaches with a huge sand dune at the end. The hotels for the first 3 nights were excellent, on the last night the room was very small. Overall I highly recommend this tour.