7 days (Bike: 6 days)
500 km (~83km per day)
Big climbs, Quiet roads, On-road
Challenging Road Cycling in Portugal
With its excellent weather conditions and a network of varied, amazing quiet roads, the Algarve in Portugal is the ideal destination for cycling training and quality rides especially during the winter / spring months. With a menu of endurance rides and climbing routes available during your Algarve cycling week in the sun. Join this experienced cycling team with 20 years international cycling coaching and racing experience for the very best selection of challenging and epic rides on the fantastic roads of Southern Portugal.
Start the day with the sun rising ready for a great day in the saddle. Fully charged heading out at a comfortable pace, warming up the muscles on our chosen ride option for the day. Effective training is best accomplished with a gradual increase in effort and nothing could be better when we hit the quiet country roads of the Algarve, small undulations and twisting roads are everywhere. Once in a rhythm the kilometers/miles flow by with ease as we pass Portuguese villages that haven’t changed in many years. Time to take on a small climb and stimulate those muscle fibers, early season style, small chain ring comfortable high cadence if you wish or big chain ring strength intervals if you’re looking to improve that all important muscle strength!
Looking for a coffee-break or keep it constant, fat-burning metabolism at its best, three, four or five hours every day tailored for that all important scientific progressive overload effect. Great training rides also deserve time to recover and chill Portugal style, as we return to your hotel to relax and get ready for another perfect Algarve cycling training ride tomorrow.
With quality riding on the sunny roads of the Algarve keep your legs turning through the cold wet months of home and avoid that unwanted cold or flu! Maintain your cycling condition and top up the aerobic fitness for a great year of cycling ahead. The natural setting of the Algarve offers a great variety of climbs and amazing network of cycling roads, perfect for an epic week of climbing and challenging week of endurance rides or should you prefer the balance with a combination of ideal rides each day.
Algarve cycling training camps can be tailored to your current experience and ability or cycling goals, get ready to experience unique ride routes all in one terrific training week with the PB Tours cycling professionals in the Algarve Southern Portugal.
Riding in all directions you are in the hub of this secret European cycling destination. Great bike rides require the perfect environment with a variety of terrain, challenges and directions. If you are anything like Practice Bicycle who can’t get enough of cycling, its the constant changing views, landscapes that keeps us asking for more!
It could be the Cape St. Vincent coastline and the tip of Europe. The Serra de Monchique mountain range and the challenge of Foia (902m / 3000ft) the highest point of the Algarve or one of the many smaller challenges around this forest mountain range. The undulating hinterland with a net work of quiet traffic free roads. Algarve Centre Based Cycling.
- Small training group individual coaching advice
- Quality ride weeks 300 – 650 km (185 – 400 miles)
- International professional coaching (over 20 years) of all ages, men and women ensuring a perfect week in the saddle.
- Different training routes each day on quiet traffic free roads of the secret Algarve
- 9 choice climbs available including Alto do Foia (900m)
- Portugal Europe's sunny secret cycling destination
Guided AU$ 1062
February 26, March 13 & 20, April 10, May 20, 2023
Request a private, customised version of this tour for yourself or cycling group.
- 6 Nights quality 3* Hotel Accommodation
- 6 Buffet Breakfasts to fuel-up for the day
- 6 Fully guided training rides tailored for how much you wish to ride!
- Variety of spectacular routes including the coastline, interior & mountains
- Highly experienced Algarve ride leader & professional cycling coach
- Ride support offering mechanical assistance, sports drinks & nutritional bars
- Mid season supplement
- 4* Hotel accommodation AUD $1165 pp
- Rides Only: Without accommodation $700 per person
- Half board – $258
- Bike hire – $450
- Airport transfer – $300