16 days (Bike: 12 days)
650 km (~54km per day)
Some hills, Off-road
Namibia Cycle Tour delivers inspiring mesmeric desert & diverse wildlife
Imagine cycling in one of the world's least densely populated countries. Our Namibia Cycle tour offers you a biking adventure of sublime landscapes that will make you feel like you’re on another planet. With fascinating desert-adapted plants and animals and jaw-dropping natural wonders that you’ll never forget. Namibia’s scenery and sights are as astonishing as they are varied, ranging from the world’s oldest desert – a vast and beautiful wilderness that covers much of the country to rugged granite mountains adorned with ancient rock art.
We’ve put together a cycle tour full of wild landscapes, forbidding sand dunes, desolate coastline, world heritage sites and the largest night skies you will ever see. Our cycling route takes us west out to the coast, then north – home to the country’s greatest wildlife, including free roaming desert rhino and elephant in Etosha National Park, before looping back around again to Windhoek.
The riding surface will be mostly on dirt and gravel roads and a little bit of paved roads. Approximately 20% sealed roads / 80% quiet dirt and gravel roads. Generally the road conditions are very good, with very little traffic, however being comfortable on gravel and loose surfaces will greatly increase your enjoyment of the tour.
Guided NZ$ 6600
September 11 & 28, 2024
September 11, 2025
$200 (if you do not wish to share)
- 15 nights Accommodation
- Meals as per tour itinerary
- Two NZ based Escape Adventures tour leaders
- Local interpreter & driver
- Purpose made support vehicle
- Entry to National Parks, Cheetah Conservation fund and Heritage Sites
- Camping equipment - tents and mattresses
- Vehicle transfers/ Support
- Airfares, visas, or airport taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Six meals as per the detailed itinerary
- Personal vaccinations or personal equipment
- Bike Hire: If required hire fee is NZD $450