11 days (Bike: 11 days)
700 km (~64km per day)
Mixed on/off-road, Cycle paths/trails
Use farOut App for your navigation and all waypoint information.
Cycle from the centre of Melbourne along the iconic Beach Road, through the Mornington Peninsula, by ferry to Phillip Island.
Love cycling along the amazing wild beaches and coastline of the Bunurong Coastal Park.
Then its time to cycle through the rolling emerald green countryside of Gippsland, through temperate rain forests and wide open plains.
Enjoy the East Gippsland Rail Trail looking out for native animals and the huge trestle bridges that loom out of the bush.
Explore popular Lakes Entrance one of our favourite beachside holiday locations.
Finish at Marlo where the Snowy River meets the sea.
Surface is a mix of sealed and unsealed. We use 38mm tyres.
farOut App is designed so that you can create and enjoy your own cycle tour, rail trail, day ride or gravel road adventure using the information that the app provides.
Self-Guided Please Ask
- Bike hire
What to Bring—not too much!
- Wear shorts or comfortable trousers, very bright t-shirt or hi-vis and covered shoes for cycling.
- Wet weather Jacket and Over Pants (eg Gortex) • A set of dry clothes for evening.
- Cycle pants (wear under your shorts or trousers if you like. The padding is great).
- Sunscreen, sun-glasses and good wet-weather gear.
- Cycling gloves are recommended.
- A jumper for winter; swimmers and small towel for warmer months.
- Phone, wallet and snacks which can fit into the front panniers.
- Rear panniers to carry your stuff. Make sure you keep things dry.
- Bring your lunch daily if farOut App does not give alloca- tion for food or water during the day.
- Always have an emergency meal for dinner—you never know!
- Fit your bike with lights.
- Tool kit, pump, spare tube.
- Water Bottles