Cycling Scenic Eastern Tibet
- Kangding (incl. return shuttle to Chengdu)
- Guided, Hosted / Escorted
- Vehicle Support, Phone Support
- 10 days
- On Road, Hills / Climbs, Low Traffic or Rural
- Bike Options:
- Bike hire available
- Tour Language:
- Cost From:
- USD 2280
Tour Distance & Dates
- 450 Km
- Riding Days:
- Daily Average:
- 64 Km
- Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Tour Operator:
Cycling Scenic Eastern Tibet
On top of the world on two wheels.
10 Days Moderate-Advanced 450 KmAVG 64 Km
This is the perfect cycling adventure for those looking for a diverse experience of Tibetan scenery and lifestyle, and the challenge of crossing 4000m mountain passes.
Cycle through bustling small towns and villages along the route that feature nomad trading, lively markets, and even nightly community dances. Tibet offers one of the most mystical and festive cultures on the planet.
Day 1: Arrive in Chengdu.
Day 2: Chengdu. Visit the Giant Panda Research and Breeding Base in the morning, followed by an evening's entertainment at the Sichuan Opera. Cycling: 10km.
Day 3: Chengdu to Qiaoqi. Take a shuttle out of Chengdu to Baoxing (3hrs) for a scenic cycle and moderate ascent to the Tibetan village of Qiaoqi. Cycling: 55km.
Day 4: Qiaoqi to Dawei. Today is your first full day on the bike. After reaching the pass on Jiajin Mountain (4000m), there's little to compare with the exhilaration of cruising over 30km down to the village of Dawei (2700m). Cycling: 85km.
Day 5: Dawei to Danba. Enjoy a more relaxed day today descending along the Xiaojin River valley to the town of Danba (2300m). Climb 7km up to your quaint accommodation in a historic Tibetan village high on the mountain above town. Cycling: 90km
Day 6: Danba to Bamei. An early departure today takes you on a gradual ascent through "Yak Valley" until you reach a pass that overlooks Yala Mountain. Roll into Bamei (3500m) in the late afternoon. Cycling: 85km
Day 7: Bamei to Tagong. Today is a leisurely morning ride across high elevation grasslands to the Tibetan nomad village of Tagong (3700m). An afternoon visit to the historic monastery in town will prepare you for some western food at the Khamba Cafe. Cycling: 35km.
Day 8: Tagong to Kangding. Today you tackle the highest mountain pass of your trip. On your way to Zheduo pass (4200m) above Kangding you'll anticipate one final 35km descent to the town below (2600m). Cycling: 110km.
Day 9: Kangding to Chengdu (shuttle). Relax today on your scenic transport back to Chengdu. Enjoy one final night at the Fraser Suites and a farewell banquet. Shuttle: 7 hrs, 330km.
Day 10: DEPART
View this video for a taste of an Extravagant Yak cycle tour:
Comfort (3-4 ★), Double Occupancy / Twin Share
Single Supplement: $700
Terms & Conditions included in tour registration/contract (available upon request).
- all transport, including airport pick-up and transfers
- private vehicle and driver with foreign guide, plus an excellent English speaking local guide
- all meals, snacks, drinks, and bottled water enroute (with wine served at dinner)
- complimentary use of a cell phone with local number for the duration of the trip
- all activities and entrance fees enroute (per the itinerary)
- all gratuities for the duration of the trip (guides, hotel porters, drivers, etc.)
- international airfare
- medical, travel, and trip interruption insurance
- passport and visa fees
- activities not included on the trip itinerary
- souvenirs, laundry, items of a personal nature
Ratings and Reviews
No reviews yet for this tour